The Women's version of the Dynafit TLT6 Mountain boot is no less robust than the men's. Although it has a Custom Ready liner with a women's specific fit and slightly lower profile, the TLT6 Mountain Women's CR uses the same shell mold, cuff, and sole. A slightly softer tongues gives a more progressive flex for women and a Grilamid lower shell lightens it up. It has the same impressive combination of agility and performance that evolved from the renowned TLT5. Its ease of use and adjustability make it one of the most complete ski mountaineering boots on the market. And if you haven't used a TLT boot before you will quickly come to love the one-motion Ultra-Lock System that combines closing the top buckle with locking into ski mode, a big time saver during transitions.
- Slightly wider, more comfortable last makes this boot fit even more women's feet than the TLT5.
- There is now a buckle articulation on the Ultra-Lock System 2.0 which can reduce lateral snags during transitions.
- TLT6 Custom Ready Women's liner (237g/8.4oz) is now warmer due to reflective aluminum foil and is made for out-of-the-box comfort.
- Avoid any heel lift or slop by micro-adjusting the new instep buckle to get the perfect fit.
- The Driving Spoiler has been upgraded to 2.0, which makes it slide more smoothly in walk mode while will locking things down for skiing.
- Adjust the forward lean (15° or 18°) to your skiing style by an easy flip of a new metal spoiler insert.
- Enjoy maximum agility while walking or climbing with the proven compact, rockered design of the TLT Grilamid shell.
- Grip your lower leg firmly with the patent-pending toothed buckle catches that are designed to prevent unintentional releases.
- Claw Outsoles are super grippy due to a sticky yet durable compound placed in the heel and toe of the boot.
- Get into your skis quickly with the patented Dynafit Quick-Step inserts that are notched to guide the toe pins into place.
Update 2015/16: Hot new colors and power strap make the latest iteration of the TLT6 the best yet. The Ultra Lock strap can be tightened by pulling on the webbing (no Velcro). Then pull the cord for a quick-release and be ready for the next uphill. Otherwise unchanged. Please note the sizes listed at a lower price are the 2014/15 white model.
Note the TLT6 uses the same sizing as the TLT5 in the size chart.
|Weight (pair)||2298g |
|Buckles||2 w/ Ultra-Lock|
|Boot Sole Length||257mm [22.5-23.5]
|Binding Compatibility||Tech only|
|Forward Lean(s)||15°, 18°|
|Materials||Grilamid shell and cuff, various tongues included|
|Liner||Custom Ready Women's|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||All-around ski mountaineering|
|Notes||Renowned TLT with women's specific fit and Grilamid cuff for an intermediate stiffness.|
|Bottom Line||Functional and versatile ski mountaineering boot.|
|Compare to other Womens Boots|
Questions & Reviews
Thank you ?
All in all, these are some very sweet boots, and can be found for very reasonable prices on the web.
My wife has a womens 5 US shoe sized foot and she is ecstatic with this boot's fit. She claims it is perfect without molding or shims and loves the articulation in walk mode.
My wife paired these with Dynafit PDG skis and Speed Radical bindings which seemed to be plenty light and the binding provided release settings that seemed more appropriate for lighter individuals. Even though the PDG is a race ski, for a smaller folks, our thinking is that you just dont need 100+ width under foot. Obviously a personal thing there but the light weight for a small person is a big consideration.
My wife is small and about "advanced intermediate" ability-wise. The boot has been plenty stiff and small folks just shouldnt need a lot of buckles and stiffness so it appears the boot will not in any way limit her. Also, since she is small, she just doesnt have the weight to beat these up and plans on using them as her only boot in area as well as backcountry.
She has only skied it a few times but I thought it was worth posting a review as this boot may well be the ticket for a lot of women out there with smaller feet and there is not much said about this consideration on boot reviews.
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.