Long used in distance running, “running vests” give an individual the ability to explore the furthest reaches of wilderness due to the extra goodies that can be brought along, without the bulky restrictive feeling of a pack. Because of this, the good folks at La Sportiva created the Course pack, which combines the comfort of a running vest with the simplistic functionality of a skimo race pack. If a design engineer and a skimo racer had a baby that oddly turned out to be a backpack, this would be the result. Removable insulated bottle holder, stash pockets both zippered and non, reservoir tube attachment, the list goes on. With up to 20L of storage, there is more than enough room for an ambitious mission before work or a day out on the racecourse. The crampon pocket, which can be assimilated into the main pocket by undoing a zipper, allows the crampons to be accessed without needing to take the pack off, drastically reducing time spent transitioning. For those who’ve been seeking the simple functionality of a skimo race pack with the freedom of movement unique to a running vest, La Sportiva has your back.
- 20L capacity allows you to bring an extra layer on that chilly day or a cold beverage when it heats up.
- Ice axe carry allows for quick n’ easy access when the booting gets steep.
- Crampon pocket gives fast and simple access to crampons so you can keep your pack on during transitions.
- Ski carrier with plastic loop and hook-on back shoulder strap allow you to give your skis a ride for a change.
- Included water bottle holder is insulated and removable.
|Hydration||Bottle on left shoulder strap, soft flask holder on right strap, and bladder compatible|
|Ski Carry||Quick Carry|
|Shovel / Probe||Main compartment|
|Ice Axe||External carry|
|Stash Pockets||2 mesh zippered pockets on shoulder straps and 2 non-zippered pockets on the waste|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Notes||Crampon pocket can merge with the main compartment|
|Bottom Line||Running vest feel with skimo pack functionality|
|Compare to other Backpacks|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.