La Sportiva says their Kyril pant is made for, “training and intensive ascents.” Even if you gravitate more towards the Grateful Dead than Metallica in terms of intensity, you’ll appreciate the efficiency of movement afforded by this set of bun-huggers. The Kyril is crafted from high-performance nylon, polyester, and spandex, reinforced through sections of the "down under," knees and cuffs. On top of these materials, windproof side panels keep the worst of the wind at bay. Lest this reinforcement start to sound muggy, La Sportiva has integrated additional knee ventilation so the hottest these pants will get is pleasantly warm. Once you’ve completed that intensive ascent, you’ll probably want to snap a picture or two, or maybe grab a summit snack. As luck would have it, the Kyril sports three pockets that make it a breeze to bring along the requisite accessories. In short, you’ve got the recipe for an ideal ski touring lower half in La Sportiva's Kyril pant.
- Windproof knees and side panels provide confidence on midwinter tours.
- Two zippered pockets plus back pocket offer more than enough storage space.
- Zippered cuffs fit nicely around ski touring boots.
- Polyester, nylon, and elastane blend combines breathability, warmth, and range of motion.
- Reinforced cuffs plus gusseted crotch and articulated knee increase durability.
- Reflective logo and details add a touch of dawn patrol safety.
|Pockets||2 zipped hand pockets + 1 zipped rear waistband pocket|
|Waist||Elastic with drawstring|
||Recycled Polyamide, Recycled Polyester, Elastane|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Speed Training + Ascents|
|Notes||3 pockets provides storage for all the snacks|
|Bottom Line||La Sportiva's pant for the skimo-minded|
|Compare to other Men's Touring Pants|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.