A sturdy aluminum probe with a focus on assembly speed. Mammut recognized that time is of the essence when probing, and the last thing you need is to waste time assembling your probe. The Speed Lock system is easy and secure, matching well with the stable aluminum segments. The tensioning cord is durable and the system can be used with gloves or mittens. The Mammut Speed Lock probe is a good probe for ski touring and mountaineering.
- Speed Lock is a quick, individually locking tensioning system.
- Strong, lightweight segments are made with durable aluminum.
- Scale marking on the side of the probe to measure victim depth.
- Drop-shaped tip helps with penetration in solid avalanche debris.
- Tensioning cord has high tensile strength to maximize stability.
- Carrying case has some helpful emergency information.
Update 2020/21: The Fast Lock system has been replaced by the Speed Lock with a larger interface for releasing tension on the probe when done with use. It's a slight tweak on an otherwise awesome probe.
|Sections||6 [240cm], 7 [280cm], 8 [320cm]|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Every day tours|
|Notes||Speed Lock system is reliable and secure|
|Bottom Line||Fast, reliable probe|
|Compare to other Probes|
Questions & Reviews
Not enough use to speak to actual durability. Would buy again.
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.