Why mess with a good thing? Well, Ski Trab has a good answer and it's called the Gara World Cup - Womens. They gave their acclaimed Gara Aero race ski what we're calling the Maestro.2+Sprint treatment. By redesigning the shape and profile - including more rocker upfront, longer tip and tail, and a raised camber - this race ski improves its performance on both the up and the down. In addition, the mounting position was shifted forward for better control while skinning and increased kickturn performance. The ski has, however, retained its delicious 14 layer construction and sweet honeycomb Aramid core. As the producer of some of the best skis on the planet, Ski Trab has never been okay with settling with just good skis - they want greatness throughout their line. This is why they meticulously continue to refine the Ski Trab Gara World Cup and as a result, the best just got better.
- Elongated tips and tails for better floatation on the downhill.
- Updated mounting position makes for more controlled descents and increased skinning performance.
- Tapered tail makes stowing your skis for carrying faster and easier.
- Slightly raised camber increases glide for quicker ascents.
- Widest part of tips and tail are moved forward for a more efficient stride.
- Honeycomb Aramid with Ash stringers make the core the light, strong, and energetic.
- Gara Control Flex combines a softer tip and tail with a more stable underfoot area.
- Hibox Torsion Control is a high-performance, micro-mesh carbon cage around the core.
- HiConnect bridges the two edges with a carbon reinforcement to protect against impact.
- NoShock vibration control cushions the ride while reducing deflection on impact.
- Duo Tail makes turning a breeze while will allowing tracking and stability on the straighaways.
- Trab’s signature structure is ground into the high density polyethylene bases.
- 52 HRC steel edges are durable and give great confidence on icy snow.
- 3 year warranty cannot be beat.
|Weight (pair)||1370g |
||Attivo or race notch|
||Camber underfoot with early rise tip & tail|
||Broad tip, longer radius, tapered swallow tail|
||14 layers wrapped with love (carbon)|
||Aramid honeycomb + Ash|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||World Cup racing, training, and missioning|
|Notes||3 year warranty|
|Bottom Line||One race ski to rule them all|
|Compare to other Women's Skis|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.