Attention, ski evolutionists: while the eye-popping colorway and customary packed snow performance of the DNA 3.0 has been passed onto the DNA Pro, a new subspecies has emerged that we have dubbed the DNA 4.0. Although “playful,” “fun,” and “dynamic” are not descriptions commonly applied to race skis, Dynafit's DNA 4.0 is here to set the record straight. It does this by incorporating a wider shovel for those race days in which powder decides to make a surprise appearance. Just as crucially, an additional 10 millimeters of tip rocker will keep racers atop that delightfully three-dimensional medium of “freshies.” Beyond these profile signatures, top and bottom layers of unidirectional carbon infuse these skis with plenty of tensile strength and energy, compensating for material removed from the Paulownia isocore. With time, we think natural selection will reveal the innate advantages of the DNA 4.0 ski over the competition.
- Sidewall cap construction shrugs off unwanted impacts.
- Isocore Paulownia Ultralight woodcore keeps weight to a minimum from the inside out.
- Widened shovel and extra tip rocker contribute to a fun, easy-turning ride.
- Intended to bridge the ultra-light construction of the DNA Pro with the enhanced skiability of the Mezzalama 2.
- Much easier to ski with tired race legs than the DNA Pro.
|Lengths (cm)||153, 162|
|Weight (pair)||1320g 
||Camber, enhanced tip rocker|
||Continuous single radius with wider tips|
||UD Carbon tip and bottom layers|
||Isocore Paulownia Ultralight|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Having fun in skimo races|
|Notes||Enhanced skimo reliability|
|Bottom Line||Friendlier offshoot of the DNA branch|
|Compare to other Race Skis|
Questions & Reviews
Can you give me an advice?
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.