The Backland Summit 9 offers the same great features found on the Summit 12 but with release values geared for lighter skiers. The glass-infused polyamide (PA) construction of the Summit 9 is lightweight, damp, and durable, making it an excellent material for a backcountry binding. The integrated brakes are easy and intuitive to use and can be easily engaged with the ski still on, helping lessen the time spent transitioning. The built-in toe guide helps you step into the toe piece the first time while the AutoFlex system helps keep your skis happily on your feet in variable terrain. Simple, reliable, and sturdy, the Backland Summit 9 will be with you for many adventures.
- Lateral release is adjustable between 4-9.
- AutoFlex System allows for 8mm of rearward travel, helping prevent pre-release.
- Five brake width options of 80, 90, 100, and 110.
- 50mm of BSL adjustment will accommodate the quiver of boots and more!
- Step-In Aid helps make short work of clicking into the toe piece.
- Flat mode and two riser options let you find the setting that's just right.
|Weight (pair)||800g [90mm]|
||80, 90, 100, 110|
||2 + flat|
||Aluminum body, steel pins, plastic housing|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Day in day out touring|
|Notes||Brakes can be engaged without taking the ski off|
|Bottom Line||A binding built for the everyday tourer|
|Compare to other Lean Bindings|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.