Marker has heard your pleas for a lower, adjustable lateral release value, along with a lower vertical release, all the while keeping your concerns about weight and ski performance in mind. Even though that is a lot to process in one request, they put it all together and have called it the Alpinist 8 binding. Along with hitting all the specs sought after by lighter weight, or less aggressive skiers, this binding also happens to be very user friendly and can hold up to a great deal of flex from your skis without release so land it in the back seat, or nose-butter away! Since Marker knows that safety isn't third (apparently, it's first) the Alpinist 8 heel piece sits snug against the back of your boot allowing for a more consistent release and better retention. Well paired with anything from race plus to beef boots, you can change your mind on which boot to take out since there is 15mm of adjustment to accommodate different BSL's. The Alpinist 8 is very similar to the Alpinist 9 and 12 in that it has a flat mode, an easy to use riser, and optional brakes should that be your cup of tea. If you want to ski at more humane release values the Marker Alpinist 8 checks that box along with a few others.
- Gapless heel just like the Alpinist 9 for release value consistency.
- Removable brake widths of 90mm, 105mm, and 115mm.
- Adjustable lateral release spring, allowing for release values of 3-8.
- Integrated crampon receptor works with Marker Pintech ski crampons.
- 15mm of adjustment in the heel accommodates different BSL's.
- Featuring a carbon-reinforced pin toe for lightweight security.
- Flat-on-ski mode for those long approaches and meadow skipping.
- Anti-ice pads are placed under the toe and heel to keep snow and ice from building up.
Compare otherLean Bindings
||245g [without brake]
335g [with brake]
|Weight (pair)||490g [without brake]
670g [with brake]
|Brakes||Optional 90mm, 105mm, 115mm|
|Riser Heights||2 + Flat|
|Vertical Release||Fixed, low|
|Lateral Release||Adjustable 3-8|
|Materials||Forged aluminium, carbon fiber-reinforced polyamide|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Bottom Line||Lower release value in a low weight offering|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.