Small and light skiers know it can be hard to find a touring binding that meets all your needs without infringing on your safety. A lightweight, full featured binding with low release settings can be a rare gem, but thankfully ATK has excavated the gleaming sapphire that is the Crest 8 from the mines of touring technology. The fully adjustable lateral and vertical release values can be set in a range from 3-8, perfect for kids, lighter weight shredders, or skiers protecting old injuries with wide safety margins. Adamant that skiers with lower release settings deserve the same functionality as their bigger brethren, ATK has included brakes, three riser options, and elastic heel travel in the Crest 8, as well as many of their technologies such as the Cam Release System and Easy Entry System that improve the safety and user experience of the binding. Perhaps most impressively, ATK has stuffed all of this hoopla into a sub-300g package, meaning that you get the performance without the weight.
- Adjustable vertical and lateral release from 3-8 for lighter weight skiers.
- Elastic Response System keeps release forces constant as the ski flexes through your turn (or fall).
- 20mm of track adjustment allows you to use multiple boots or setup the binding with "room to grow" into bigger boots.
- Cam Release System governs how the heel vertically releases your boot for more consistent and accurate ejection.
- The Easy Entry System is a combination of specific toe piece geometry and construction to make stepping in easy and satisfying.
- Flat-touring mode plus two risers ensures that you'll be climbing in comfort.
|Weight (pair)||566g [91mm]|
||75, 86, 91, 97, 102, 108|
||7075 aluminum, stainless steel, POM plastic|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Notes||Asymmetric toe springs for easy and clean step in|
|Bottom Line||A featureful binding tailored for lighter/smaller skiers|
|Compare to other Full-featured Bindings|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.