Atomic Backland UL 62 Vert Ski
In Stock & Ships Today
If you ever find yourself excited by the aerobic possibilities of skate skiing, stair climbing, or treadmill running, you might be a good candidate for a vertical skimo race. If you also find your ordinary skimo skis to be simply too generalized, take your uphill performance to the next level with the Atomic Backland UL 62 Vert ski. Sharing the same ultralight woodcore and carbon fiberglass construction as the Backland UL 65, the UL 62 substantially diminishes the ski sidecut, lending unparalleled contact on technical skin tracks. Of course, reducing ski area means weight savings as well. Dura cap sidewalls run from ski base to top sheet to promote durability, however, these skis are still intended for uphill use only. Atomic’s trademark HRZN tech tips and all-mountain rocker/camber profile lend themselves towards snappy kick turns when dashing uphill in a variety of snow conditions. Ultimately, these skis are the game-changing addition to Atomic’s Backland line, making the difference on ascents when every second counts.
- Specialized vertical sidecut optimizes ground contact on technical ascents and jettisons excess weight.
- Glossy topsheet sheds snow, reducing the chance of binding failure or hauling unnecessary weight on your uphill quests.
- Carbon backbone and carbon fiberglass offer torsional stability to offset the weight savings of the ultralight woodcore.
- World cup base finish maximizes glide on the portions of your ski base not covered by skins.
- Not to be used for skiing downhill (wink).
|Weight (pair)||1360g |
||Atomic Race Tipclip|
||HRZN tech tip, 15% rocker, 85% camber|
||Straight sidecut, tapered tail|
||Dura Cap sidewall, carbon fiberglass composite|
||Ultra light poplar and caruba woodcore|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Vertical skimo racing|
|Notes||Check ski-binding total weight to ensure you meet ISMF weight minimum standards|
|Bottom Line||Nothing goes faster uphill|
|Compare to other Race Skis|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.