The one race ski to rule them all! Eagerly awaited by top racers, the Gara World Cup is the culmination of years of design, testing, and tweaking with Ski Trab’s world class athletes. Combining ideas from the podium dominating Gara Aero, the more specialized Sprint ski, and even the amazing Maestro.2, Trab’s designers have created the ultimate race ski. After years in development (we met Roberto Antonioli at the factory when he was giving feedback on an iteration in early 2018), the ski finally met everyone’s high expectations. This Gara WC ski improves skiing even further over the original, while also reducing energy consumption on the ascent due to its specialized shape and profile. The renowned Trab reliability is guaranteed by using the well-tested and appreciated 14-layer construction – the most advanced in the world. Put together, the Ski Trab Gara World Cup will almost certainly dominate the podium for years to come.
UPHILL: Ski Trab shifted the widest point of the tip and the tail forward as compared to their previous, widely acclaimed race ski. Extensive testing showed this allows for a more fluid and dynamic stride when skinning. At the same time, the early rise in the tip was lengthened to reduce contact with the snow when gliding. Finally, the sprint-inspired tapered tail was included for the fastest entry into your backpack’s ski carry.
DOWNHILL: A longer tip and tail rise means more floatation in soft snow, and better handling in variable conditions. The sidecut was refined for better control while the mounting location was shifted forward to make steering a breeze. The flex was also tweaked to improve the ride. Finally, the 14-layer carbon-wrapped construction offers plenty of torsional support for exceptional edging while a special bridge between the edges offers maximum resistance from rock impacts.
- Honeycomb Aramid core is interspersed with light Ash for the ultimate lightweight performance.
- Gara Control Flex is customized with a softer tip and tail and a rigid underfoot platform.
- Hibox Torsion Control is a micro-mesh carbon cage that ups the torsional stiffness without compromising the unique flex.
- HiConnect carbon bridge connects the two edges, keeping them in place even after multiple rock impacts.
- NoShock vibration control is a special elastomer placed along the edges for cushioning and stabilizing the ride.
- Duo Tail allows the ski to track straight while making turning easier with extra control.
- High density polyethylene bases are finished with Trab’s signature structure.
- 52 HRC steel edges bit into icy snow and can stand up to daily abuse.
- 3 year warranty is the longest in the business.
|Lengths (cm)||162, 169|
||700g [162, Flex 60]
710g [162, Flex 70]
740g [169, Flex 70]
|Weight (pair)||1400g [162, Flex 60]
1420g [162, Flex 70]
1480g [169, Flex 70]
||Attivo clip or classic race notch|
||Camber underfoot, early rise tip & tail|
||Broad tip, longer radius, tapered swallow tail|
||14-Layer Gara Control with carbon wrap|
||Honeycomb Aramid & Ash|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||World Cup racing, training, and missioning|
|Notes||Available with multiple flex ratings|
|Bottom Line||The one race ski to rule them all|
|Compare to other Race Skis|
Questions & Reviews
I should also mention that I have a pair of SkiTrab Magico.2's that I love. (and got from Skimo.co!) They're unlike any ski I've ever had before. (Somehow stiff and smooth at the same time) Can I expect the same spirit to echo through in these?
I'm 1m85cm tall and weight 80kg (6'1", 176 lbs), should I buy the 169cm version of this ski or the 162?
Thanks a lot!
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.