If you’re looking for an everyday touring ski that can get you far into the backcountry but can also say "hold my beer and watch this," then look no further than the Beast 98 from Dynafit. Since we were last introduced to the Beast 98 during the 2019/2020 model year, Dynafit implemented a strict training regimen for the new ski (cue Rocky Balboa soundtrack...) leaving us with a, shall we say, more svelte yet equally beastly ski weighing several noticeable ounces less than its predecessor, all while retaining a full sidewall. Since most "hold my beer" moments don't end up typically going as smoothly as planned, Dynafit wisely designed two elliptical curves into the ski (or "Double Ellipse Rockers" as the kids call it nowadays), to give you just the right amount of edge when you need it (or don't need it) most. Pair that with the harmonious Single Radius side cut and vibration-optimized Ride Tip, and your in for one smooth, wild ride. The Beast 98 is an easy turning, easy floating, one-ski quiver at a great price.
- Double Ellipse Rockers use beautiful math to help optimize the float and edge contact for multiple situations.
- Full ABS sidewalls run the length of the ski to provide better edge grip and more resistance to compressed edges.
- SnowOFF top sheet helps you say no to sticky snow, and the updated 2020/21 version made it lighter.
- Constant Charcteristics help provide, you guessed it, a constant ski-feel between the different sizes.
- Ride Tip features a carbon core in the shovel, helping eliminate vibration for a damp ride.
- A Single Radius sidecut helps provide a balanced ski feel.
|Lengths (cm)||170, 177, 184|
|Weight (pair)||2730g 
|Turn Radius||17m 
|Skin Fix||Tip notch, flat notched tail|
|Profile||Double ellipse rocker|
|Shape||Ride tip, single radius, flat tail|
|Core||Ash and poplar|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Everyday shredding in the backcountry, sidecountry, or frontcountry|
|Notes||Lightened SnowOff topsheet sheds weight in two ways|
|Bottom Line||A ski that handles piste and powder with equal ability.|
|Compare to other High-fat Skis|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.