There are two types of pack-wearing individuals; those who use just one pack for all their backcountry needs and those that have a pack for every subset of touring (e.g., a race pack, mountaineering pack, freeride pack, beer pack, etc…). Never one to take sides, Dynafit, with the reimagined Free 30 W, has created something that everyone can be happy with. Its 30 L volume, quick ski carry that can be utilized without taking your pack off, ice axe carry, and durable yet light fabric are conducive for technical missions in the mountains. The supportive back panel and hip belt keep everything secure while bombing down that picturesque line. Because brain cells are allegedly irreplaceable, the integrated helmet carry erases any excuse to leave the helmet home while the dedicated avalanche tool pocket allows quick access in a pinch. If those features aren’t tantalizing enough, the waterproof pocket will keep that iPhone 37XXL+ nice and dry. If you have the spirit of a freerider but want a smartly laid-out ski pack that can do all the things, the Free 30 W is an easy choice.
- Drinking System Compatibility ensures the pack will work with a bladder.
- Waterproof pocket keeps the valuables dry even if the snow is anything but.
- Dedicated pocket for avalanche tools allows for quick access.
- Detachable ski carry allows for sideways ski carry without taking your pack off.
- Skis can be carried A-frame.
- Height adjustable sternum strap.
- Included removable water bottle holder for those who don’t like bladder systems.
- Ice-Axe Fixation for the fixation of an ice axe.
- Outside mesh pockets for those items that need to be quickly accessed.
- Integrated helmet carry.
- Removable back insert.
|Access||Bottom safety pocket and top access|
|Hydration||Removable water bottle holder and hydration hose compatible|
|Ski Carry||Removable ski carrying system|
|Shovel / Probe||Safety equipment compartment|
|Ice Axe||Ice ax fixation on the outside of the pack|
|Stash Pockets||Safety pocket and outside mesh pockets|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Big tours and long expedition days|
|Notes||Women's version of the Dynafit Free 32 pack|
|Bottom Line||Full-featured pack for big days|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.