There are two types of pack-wearing individuals; those who use just one pack for all their backcountry needs and those that have a pack for every subset of touring (e.g., a race pack, mountaineering pack, freeride pack, beer pack, etc…). Never one to take sides, Dynafit, with the reimagined Free 30 W, has created something that everyone can be happy with. Its 30 L volume, quick ski carry that can be utilized without taking your pack off, ice-axe carry, and durable yet light fabric are conducive for technical missions in the mountains. The supportive back panel and hip belt keep everything secure while bombing down that picturesque line. Because brain cells are allegedly irreplaceable, the integrated helmet carry erases any excuse to leave the helmet home while the dedicated avalanche tool pocket allows quick access in a pinch. If those features aren’t tantalizing enough, the waterproof pocket will keep that iPhone 37XXL+ nice and dry. If you have the spirit of a freerider but want a smartly laid-out ski pack that can do all the things, the Free 30 W is an easy choice.
- Drinking System Compatibility ensures the pack will work with a bladder.
- Waterproof pocket keeps the valuables dry even if the snow is anything but.
- Dedicated pocket for avalanche tools allows for quick access.
- Detachable ski carry allows for sideways ski carry without taking your pack off.
- Skis can be also be rigged as an A-frame when you need balance.
- Height adjustable sternum strap helps keep the load steady.
- Included removable water bottle holder for those who don’t like bladder systems.
- Ice-Axe Fixation for the quick-fix of an ice axe.
- Outside mesh pockets for those items that need to be quickly accessed.
- Integrated helmet carry stows in the butt of the pack.
- Removable back insert for optional protection.
|Access||Bottom safety pocket, back access, front access|
|Hydration||Removable water bottle holder and hydration hose compatible|
|Ski Carry||Removable ski carrying system|
|Shovel / Probe||Safety equipment compartment|
|Ice Axe||Ice ax fixation on the outside of the pack|
|Stash Pockets||Safety pocket and outside mesh pockets|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Big tours and long expedition days|
|Notes||Women's version of the Dynafit Free 32 pack|
|Bottom Line||Full-featured pack for big days|
|Compare to other Backpacks|
Questions & Reviews
The helmet carry system is on the back of the pack, hidden underneath the top flap where the Dynafit logo is in our stock photo. It is essentially an elastic harness that stretches over the helmet and holds it onto the back of the pack, and stows away when you aren't using it. It uses two plastic hooks to connect to the pack with two corresponding cord eyelets near the bottom, which you can just make out if you zoom in on the photo.
The back panel on the Dynafit Free 30 pack measures 44cm.
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.