The Elan Ibex 84 Carbon XLT is the antithesis of unforgiving or twitchy carbon skis. A buttery smooth flex-pattern contributes to a drastically fun, worry-free attitude with pleasant flotation in soft stuff. Modern torsional rigidity and dampening qualities make it a fine performer on firm snow and a ripper on corduroy. If you have been put off by the idea of skiing nervous lightweight skis and instead prioritize the fun-factor, the Elan Ibex Carbon 84 XLT will let you have your cake and eat it, too. Plus, with as light as it is, you don’t have to feel guilty about eating that extra slice. Enjoy!
- Bridge Technology is a longitudinal reinforcement along the length of the ski and ensures edgy performance without compromising the friendly demeanor.
- Mountain Rocker provides easy turn initiation and float in powder and deep summer mush without sacrificing precision on hard snow.
- Carbon Power Shell is a carbon wrap around the core for excellent torsional rigidity and weight savings.
- Two 5mm carbon tubes following the contours of the sidecut called Tubelite Wood Core provide additional stiffness and power at a minimal weight.
- Burly aluminum mounting plate ensure binding-retention without detrimentally affecting ski performance and scarcely changing the weight.
- Vapor Tip Inserts at both ends deaden the ski’s vibrations so it stays calm and collected under pressure.
Update 2019/20: Elan gave this powerhouse ski an updated paint job.
Compare otherLow-fat Skis
|Lengths (cm)||156, 163, 170, 177|
|Weight (pair)||2040g 
|Turn Radius||17.0 / 16.0 
18.0 / 17.0 
19.0 / 18.0 
20.0 / 19.0 
|Skin Fix||Tip notch, flat tail|
|Profile||Mountain rocker, moderate tip and tail rocker, camber underfoot|
|Shape||Tapered tip and tail, medium radius|
|Construction||Carbon power shell, Bridge technology|
|Core||TubeLite Wood Core|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Ski touring, everyday adventure|
|Notes||Inserts reduce vibration in the tip and tail|
|Bottom Line||Easy going touring ski with emphasis on fun|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.