The La Sportiva Ikarus pants will allow you to tour high in the mountains, but unlike the mythological character, you won't melt due to its blend of breathable, protective technical fabrics. Made for fast-moving days of skinning, booting, and cramponing, this slim-fitting softshell pant will keep you protected from the elements without impeding movement while you're out exploring thanks to articulating knees and a gusseted crotch. Five pockets - one back, two hand, and two side mesh - allow you to stash snacks and whatever else you'll need to access quickly. The elastic waistband is comfy but should you need more customization, there are also belt and suspender loops. With a Durable Water Repellent (DWR) treatment, you won't be flying too close to the sun, but it'll definitely keep you cozy on those nasty days as you're skinning up to it. This pant is also made with Bluesign certified materials which makes this pant eco-conscious! The way we see it, if you're going to climb mountains too close to the sun, might as well do it in some touring pants that check all the boxes, like the La Sportiva Ikarus pants!
- Gusseted crotch and articulated seams around knees for comfort and mobility.
- Made with eco-conscious Bluesign certified materials.
- DWR coating to fend off nasty weather.
- 2 front pockets, 2 side mesh pockets, 1 back pocket.
- Reinforced hem on legs with internal gusset to keep out snow.
- Zipper, elastic waistband, and a drawstring waist.
- Suspender and belt loops.
- Reflective detailing for visibility.
|Pockets||2 side leg mesh pockets, 2 waist hand pockets, 1 back pocket|
|Waist||Elastic waistband with draw string|
||Recycled Polyester, Polyamide, Elastane|
|Coating||Recycled Polyester Membrane|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Lightweight Touring, casual racing|
|Notes||Gusset in crotch and articulated knees for mobility|
|Bottom Line||Great for a quick tour or longer alpine ski days!|
|Compare to other Men's Layers|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.