If necessity is the mother of invention, then lightweight is the moniker of Skimo Co. If you find it necessary to lighten up your crampon setup then Petzl's Kit Cord-Tec will help you do just that. Turn your Petzl Irvis or Dart crampons into a hybrid setup by replacing the traditional bar attachment with simple to use CORD-TEC cords that fasten to the lightweight aluminum heels. The Dyneema used to make the CORD-TEC is incredibly strong, boasting a higher strength to weight ratio than steel. This new setup shaves weight and is much more packable to easily stash out of the way until the headwall comes calling. You can gain more room, carry less weight, and convert your own beloved Petzl crampons to a hybrid style setup simply by adding the Kit Cord-Tec to the mix.
- CORD-TEC is made from Dyneema which is incredibly strong and wear resistant.
- Hybrid conversion offers a lighter weight and more compact set of crampons.
- Includes anti-balling plates to keep snow from building up under your heel.
- Compatible with Petzl Irvis or Dart crampons.
- Compatible with Back Flex and Back Lever heel bails to help accommodate a range of boot types.
Questions & Reviews
Unfortunately no, it will not work on the Lynx. It will allow you to make the Irvis or Dart more packable like the Leopard.
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.