With Gore-Tex and space-age insulated jackets readily available, it can be hard to truly imagine what 60 degrees below zero felt like for the early Arctic explorers, clad only in wool and primitive fur clothing. However, the level of cold you feel when your partner is moving slow and the wind keeps drafting down your neck and your hands are beyond numb must be similar to what they went through. Avoid (at least the numb hands part) that fate with the Ski Trab Gara Overglove Waterproof. Wind and waterproof, these mittens are just what you need for transitory moments and long descents in the deep of winter. The Gara gloves take up very little space in your pack or jacket, just waiting to jump out and become the perfect barrier between wet spring snow and your lightweight touring gloves as you scramble up that thawing couloir. They even have silicone textured patterns to help you grip poles and tools. The Ski Trab Gara Waterproof Overgloves are light, packable, and they keep the wind and water out-- all you need in an overglove, and not an ounce more.
- A handy pull-loop on the inside of the wrist hem makes donning and doffing very easy.
- Waterproof and windproof, a great option for working in snow and climbing couloirs.
- Textured silicone pattern helps when gripping poles, ice axes, and when belaying.
- These uninsulated overgloves are perfect for light and fast travel.
- Rated down to -10-0 degree F*.
|Weight (pair)||60g [M]|
|Materials||Nylon Stretch with highly breathable membrane|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Wet, snowy, windy, or sloppy days|
|Bottom Line||Easy to carry backup hand protection|
|Compare to other Overgloves|
Questions & Reviews
Do they come in an XL?
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.