Like the SR Blackbird, the SR skis from Voile are long-range tools, designed to help you tackle the biggest objectives. While not a ski for the dedicated racer, the SR series aims to provide race ski dimensions with a construction that excels everywhere. With more tip rocker than is found on typical race skis, the SR remains composed in soft snow, and when testing the skis in tricky Spring conditions, we found the rockered tips provided predictable navigation through suncupped snow. Ample camber paired with a supportive tail provides a solid feel underfoot without being overbearing, keeping the ski predictable in technical terrain. Utilizing durable steel edges, the SR skis are more than happy to navigate through rocky terrain while the notched tip makes for quick and easy transitions when paired with race skins. Whether doing long traverses, recreational racing, or a mix of both, the SR series is a smart and fun choice.
- Larger than average tip rocker provides predictability across a wide array of conditions.
- Hyper construction combines Paulownia and carbon fiber to create a durable and lightweight package.
- Notched tip plays nicely with all race-oriented skins.
- Durable steel edges help fend off errant rock strikes.
- Black p-tex bases are durable and easy to repair.
|Lengths (cm)||151, 161|
|Weight (pair)||1630g |
||Full camber with rockered tip|
||Single radius sidecut|
||Paulownia and carbon|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Big objectives, recreational racing|
|Notes||Larger than-average tip rocker provides excellent float|
|Bottom Line||Long range weapon|
|Compare to other Race Skis|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.