The Raider 10 is ATKs acclaimed Raider 12 but better targetted towards average-and-lighter weight skiers. That means you'll have one of the lightest fully-featured bindings on the market so you can make multi-lap outings common. You get all the high-end ATK tech like the sealed toe piece that ameliorates the problem of snow buildup under your wings that might prevent a secure closure. Plenty of riser options with magnetic restraints offer frustration-free high stepping. Softer springs bring the release values down to 4-10 in both lateral and vertical directions while a tension-adjust mechanism in the toe lets you control the uphill release. The ATK Raider 10 is complete binding that will complete your transition into a backcountry skiing machine.
- Easy Entry System is a toe wing geometry that naturally encourages boot entry.
- Snowpack Proof toe prevents potentially dangerous build-up under the wings.
- Magneto Heel flaps stay in place while you huff it uphill on varying terrain.
- Uphill Hardness Variator offers control of the lock tension while skinning.
- Elastic Response System activates if the ski overflexes so you don't pre-release.
- Cam Release System makes the vertical release reliable and step-in a breeze.
|Weight (pair)||688g [97mm]|
||86, 91, 97, 102, 108, 120|
||4 + flat|
||7075 aluminum, POM, stainless steel|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Stress-free ski touring|
|Notes||Sealed toe means reliable closure|
|Bottom Line||Top ATK tech at sensible release values|
|Compare to other Full-featured Bindings|
Questions & Reviews
The 10 will be just fine! If you were at an 8.5 or 9, you might want to go up to the 12, but 7-7.5 I'd go with the 10.
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.