Atomic did not forget about the fairer sex when developing its new line of alpine touring boots. The Women's Backland is packed with most of the same technology as the carbon version, but with a softer flex and better colors. The boots ascend like a dream, with scant weight and a nearly frictionless pivot while in walk mode. A simple flip of the rear lock lever puts you in downhill mode, where the Grilamid shell and Platinum liner comfortably drive your skis. The Backlands are a complete boot from top to bottom.
- Breathable Platinum liner (212g) can be laced for a glove-like fit, reducing blisters.
- Gently rockered sole with Skywalk rubber make quick work of any rocky commutes.
- Simple and reliable Free/Lock 2.0 lever helps smooth your transitions.
- Comes with a Quick Click tongue (44g) that is soft enough to allow big strides.
- If necessary, the Memory Fit baking process helps adapt the plastic to your foot.
Update 2016/17: The Backland W gets a new paint job, but otherwise remains the same.
Update 2017/18: The new Backland W gets another fresh coat of paint on both the shell and liner, but otherwise remains the same as prior years.
Update 2019/20: The boot was replaced by an upgraded women's backland.
|Weight (pair)||2098g [25/25.5]|
||Grilamid shell & cuff|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Everyday ski mountaineering|
|Notes||Shell can be molded with the liner|
|Bottom Line||Well designed, all around|
|Compare to other Womens Boots|
Questions & Reviews
Can I comfortably tour and ski in a 22/22.5 Atomic Backland boot w/ 98mm lasts and 90 flex?
I can heat mold the shell so this would be a good option?
Is there a different AT boot model from Atomic I should wear?
Please answer! Thank you so much
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.