For good reason, the Gea RS was one of the best-selling women’s alpine touring boots of all time. SCARPA gave the 2.0 version a substantial overhaul and it’s better than ever. Substantially increasing the cuff articulation and dropping enough weight to satisfy our cravings, SCARPA made the Gea RS 2.0 impossible to resist. Thanks to the strategically placed Grilamid/carbon frame that minimizes unwanted flexing, you can ski at even more terrifying speeds. The gargantuan Velcro strap at the top helps increase the effective cuff height for more power and precision. Borrowing light ‘n fast treatment from the F1, the walk/ski switch has been simplified and a buckle has been removed to speed up transitions. Improved climbing and skiing prowess? It’s true. With the best aspects of both a lightweight touring boot and a freeride boot, the Gea RS 2.0 is ready to rip.
- Wave Closure System buckle wraps the lower shell around your forefoot for a secure fit.
- Speedlock+ ski/walk mechanism brings the speed and reliability of an Alien or F1 to the Gea.
- Carbon Grilamid Web Frame built into the lower shell increases stiffness and power.
- Outdry venting in the cuff lowers weight and increases breathability.
- Axial Alpine Evo Tongue brings heavy-hitting performance to a lightweight boot.
- Grilamid Evo V-Frame Cuff is light, powerful, and breathable.
Update 2019/20: SCARPA installed a Recco receiver in the power strap, so you don't have to worry if you lose your boot (what happened?!?). The color scheme was also tweaked.
Update 2021/22: The Gea RS has evolved into the Gea RS 3.0.
|Weight (pair)||2594g 
||3+ Power Strap|
||14°, 16°, 18°|
||Carbon Grilamid LFT, Grilamid, Pebax|
||Intuition Cross Fit Pro Flex G Women|
||Vibram Cayman PRO (ISO 9523)|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Free touring, backcountry skiing|
|Notes||Recco installed powerstrap|
|Bottom Line||The free-touring standard|
|Compare to other Womens Boots|
Questions & Reviews
Are you saying a 24.5 is the same boot as the 25.0? I have tried the 25 but it was too big. I wanted a 24.5 but it sounds like I need a 24. 0?
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.