The Dynafit DNA 16 is a cut above the rest in the pack race, pushed by the rigors of elite ski mountaineering. Built on a similar platform as the Speed 20, the 16 is stripped down to a perfect volume and streamlined for bonus speed. It features a soft-yet-supportive harness system that becomes an extension of your torso and cinches down with a set of light, flexible cords inspired by ultralight running vests. This allows for full expansion of your rib cage when you’re gasping for air at the top of a climb. Multiple hydration options include an easily accessible soft-flask holder on the right shoulder strap, a removable insulated hard-bottle holster on the left shoulder strap, and routing for an internal bladder for those long days. The small flare on the end of the race hook serves two purposes: corral your skis during a frantic booter-transition and release your skis with a flick of the thumb when it’s time to go down. The Dynafit DNA 16 pack is a fast, modern pack for the new-school skimo racer.
- Velcro crampon pouch keeps larger items at the ready.
- Removable insulated hard-bottle holster.
- Flared race hook for faster transitions.
- Soft-flask holder on the left strap is easy to access.
- Internal waterproof pocket for valuables.
- Height adjustable chest strap for personalized fit.
- Ski carry hook is detachable for further streamlining.
|Access||Main zipper and velcro crampon pouch|
|Hydration||Removable hard bottle holder, integrated soft flask holder, bladder compatible|
|Ski Carry||Detachable ski carry hook|
|Shovel / Probe||Inside|
|Ice Axe||Speed Attachment|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Skimo racing, training, speed touring|
|Notes||Great hydration options, mesh straps allow good airflow|
|Bottom Line||The new standard in race packs?|
|Compare to other Race Packs|
Questions & Reviews
Also will this pack fit a typical hydrapak 2L bladder?
I'm seeking desperately to replace my dying 1st generation campack Rapid, which measures 17".
Chest straps are located high and they limit access to skin pockets, actually the entire pack rests higher on my back comparing to other race backpacks, thus access to crampon pouch is also a bit more difficult. It's time consuming to put it on and take it off. No ice axe carrying loop. In my backpack there is also no internal waterproof pocket, maybe it was added later?
Overall I really like the idea but it needs some tweaks.
- very light;
- very simple, just one big section + crampons pocket;
- good ski carry system;
- no belt and as result no belt pockets;
- no "key pocket" for small items like car key, phone e.t.c;
- botel holders are to small, I have hard time to fit anything bigger than 250 ml soft flack;
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.