Dynafit has entered the market for transformer gloves that harbor bonus wind mitts in the cuff. Just unfurl the Pertex overmitt on the Mercury DST glove and you’ll instantly add several degrees of warmth and protection. Insulated with Primaloft, the DST starts as a fairly warm yet flexible glove with large zones on the palm. And when you hit the windy ridgelines, you can prevent the wind from hitting your fingers by pulling out the mitt. This is a much loved feature for those who are allergic to stopping and taking off their packs to make minor changes to comfort.
- Water resistant Silvershell exterior is reasonable durable.
- Primaloft insulation throughout is reasonably warm.
- Polyester (fleece) lining is reasonably comfortable.
- Polyurethane enhanced palms offer good grip on ski poles and ropes.
- Poly-fuctional design turns the glove into a mitten with a hidden over-glove.
- Adjustable cuffs help secure your jacket-to-glove interface.
|Weight (pair)||114g [L]|
|Materials||Silvershell outer, polyester lining, Primaloft insulation, Pertex Quantum overmitt|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Up, down, all around|
|Notes||Pull out the overmitt for the down or on windy ridges|
|Bottom Line||Warm transformer glove/mitts|
|Compare to other Men's Gloves|
Questions & Reviews
Unfortunately, the overmitt sticking came undone after 2 days (Dynafit replaced without question, which is cool) but as the season went on the overmitt tore a number of places very easily. By the end of the season, the insulation seems mostly worn out and the gloves suck up water like a sponge.
In hindsight, I'd probably go with the race glove + an overmitt.
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.