The Gara Evo World Cups are lightweight racing and adventure gloves with retractable wind protection. Uniquely the wind covers stow into the back of the palm, as opposed to the wrists. This adds a bit of warmth to the back of the hand while stowed, and also prevents reducing circulation through the wrists. The glove body is built with lycra fleece and a breathable Schoeller fabric that is pleasant to wear. Anatomical fingers and polyurethane reinforcements make it a glove you can wear all day for many days. Ski Trab really did a nice job on these.
- Air-Net Tech insulation makes it warmer than some other gloves in category.
- Windshield storage pouch doubles as a chemical warmer placement when deployed.
- Air-prene cuffs are easy to get a jacket over and keep it warm where blood flows.
- AMARA reinforcements on the palm and around the thumb should last a while.
- Terry cloth wipe on the thumb and finger touch fabric finish of the nice piece.
Update 2017/18: Ski Trab left one of the best gloves on the market unaltered, except for a new Black, White, and Blue color.
Update 2019/20: Ski Trab changed the colors again but otherwise left this glove the same.
|Weight (pair)||110g [L]|
||Lycra, Schoeller, polyurethane, neoprene|
|Insulation||Lycra fleece, Air-Net Tech lining|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Up tempo skiing|
|Notes||Shell tucked into the back of the palm instead of wrist|
|Bottom Line||Top quality race glove|
|Compare to other Gloves|
Questions & Reviews
Great question, I find the medium Ski Trab to be a very similar fit to the Black Diamond medium.
On the plus side I toured and ran in those all season and they are still in good shape, which is very rare for anything branding the words 'world cup'
low rating is because these gloves are so damn clunky
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.