The operative word when talking about the updated Mercury Pro jacket from Dynafit is adjustability. The previous Mercury Softshell and Mercury 2 jackets were fantastic offerings in their own right, but the engineers at Dynafit are insatiable and never stop working to create the best product possible, even with gear as loved as the Mercury jackets. Updates to this model include updated fabrics, elastic draw cords along the hood and hem, as well as a slimmer fit through the torso that functions better for athletic movement and when layering. Dynafit opted to go with their own proprietary windproofing material rather than a heavy, three-layer Gore-Tex, providing weather protection while still venting moisture and excess heat. Whether you're out on a sunny spring morning chasing corn, or trekking to the pow stash in blowing snow, the Mercury Pro has the features you need to make it back to the trailhead feeling dry, comfortable, and cozy.
- Pit zips are conveniently located to make venting heat fast and easy, so you don't have to struggle with a small zipper located awkwardly in your armpit.
- A cozy zipper garage protects your skin from the cold metal zipper, so you don’t end up like Flick from A Christmas Story, tongue stuck to frozen metal.
- An elastic drawstring keeps your hood where you want it to be, while the hood itself is big enough to fit over your helmet.
- Wind and waterproof coatings keep you dry inside and out without being too heavy or boxy.
- Adjustable velcro cuffs seal your sleeves and gloves from blown snow and wind.
- Pockets expand to accommodate skins or a couple of extra candy bars.
|Ventilation||Ventilation zip behind arm|
|Pockets||1 expandable chest, 2 large front|
||46% polyester, 42% nylon, 12% lycra|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Notes||Touring Softshell with all the Dynafit features|
|Bottom Line||Functional and efficient|
|Compare to other Men's Touring Jackets|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.