Let’s face it: skimo race suits are not built for the cold. To warm up before a race or even have a warm yet ultralight layer to bring with you, the Mezzalama Polartec Alpha pant is an easy way to thermoregulate your all-important lower half. Instead of accumulating heat, Polartec Alpha Direct continuously disperses warmth and moisture while placing an insulating layer directly next to your skin. Breathable, water resistant, and packable, it’s an excellent material for high-output days, racing or otherwise. Articulated knees and reinforced hems mean these pants also won’t get chewed up with repetitious movement or contact with boot ski-walk mechanisms. Just as valuable are full-length side zips, which make it a breeze to pull off these pants over ski boots–say, when it’s time to jump onto the starting line, or the sun comes out after a day of skiing in a cloud. Say “not today” to cold legs with the Mezzalama Polartec Alpha pant!
- Cargo and smartphone pockets are the first place to check after you get home and wonder “where did I put my chapstick/keys/phone?”
- Full side zip gives a new meaning to fast transitions.
- Stretch inserts and articulated knees likely have far greater range of motion than your joints.
- Adjustable elastic waist will accommodate you at race weight, training weight and “spring break weight.”
- Reflectors are a safety feature as well as a way to signal danger to would-be predators.
|Ventilation||Full side zips|
||Main: 100% polyamide
Insert: 89% polyamide, 11% elastane
Polartec® Alpha® Direct
|Insulation||Polartec® Alpha® Direct|
|Lining||100% recycled polyester|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Race day warmups, backup for cold days|
|Notes||Full zips make disrobing before a race simple|
|Bottom Line||Cut the wind and the cold with this essential race-day layer|
|Compare to other Men's Overpants/Shorts|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.