Replacing the venerable PDG jacket is no mean feat, but Dynafit did just that with the Mezzalama Race Jacket. Despite changing grand-course race-names, the jacket is still the ultimate training, speed touring, racing, fitness-lapping, do-it-all jacket. It’s been updated with four-way stretch Carvico material that is easy to move in and will stave off fatigue after a fast race, long workout, or multi-day traverse. The Mezzalama Race Jacket is suitable for racers who like touring, backcountry skiers that like racing, or for those who choose not to self-identify but like to move quickly in the mountains. Two zippered skin pockets are positioned perfectly in between backpack straps. The hood is designed to fit underneath a helmet to ward off wind and keep your ears happy before the sun comes up on an early morning dawn patrol. If you like moving fast in the winter or enjoy skiing well beyond the time that most people have started mountain biking, the Dynafit Mezzalama Race is the jacket for you.
- Flat seams ensure no hot spots underneath a pack or after a long day.
- Generously sized front pockets will accommodate the skins of any ski you’d likely operate while wearing this jacket.
- Abrasion-resistant face fabric is snag-resistant and will make brushy approaches a little bit more seamless.
- A nice little thumb-hole keeps the sleeves down and slips inside your gloves.
- Silicon print inside the waistband helps keep the jacket in place.
- UV Protection built into the fabric.
Update 2020/21: This jacket has a sequel, the Mezzalama Race 2!
|Pockets||2 large inside skin pockets
2 outer chest pockets
|Cuffs||Elastic with thumb holes|
||85% Polyamide, 15% Elastane|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Racing, mountaineering, training|
|Notes||Stretch fleece jacket with UV protection|
|Bottom Line||Great for racing and training|
|Compare to other Men's Speed Jackets|
Questions & Reviews
Overall, 4 stars for this really nice jacket.
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.