Full disclosure: here at Skimo Co, we chose the previous version of the Mezzalama jacket as our (now world-famous) shop jackets, so of course we are somewhat partial to it. Each and every member of our team has one, and we ski, run, eat, sleep, love, shower, and work in them on a nearly daily basis. Perfectly insulated (in our humble opinions) for skinning in cold, windy, or really any weather (except downright hot and sunny weather-- suns out, guns out). This updated version has several mostly cosmetic and aesthetic changes, none of which really alter our opinions on this jacket. Now with a slightly softer sleeve material, this version retains the weather resistance that we loved in the previous version. Two zippered hip pockets replace the single left-chest pocket, and, rather than a zipper garage, a flat flap on the inside top of the zipper protects your chin from cold zipper abuse. At the end of the day, the fact that we all own and regularly use this jacket is the best recommendation we can give it-- buy this jacket, you'll love it!
- Strategic insulation on the chest and arms keep you warm without insulating too much, while super breathable stretchy softshell under the arms vents heat and sweat.
- Reflective graphics and trim help with visibility in low-light conditions, and allow for a margin of safety when touring on piste where snowcats roam.
- Warm and breathable Polartec Alpha material breathes like a dream and dries quickly when moisture does build up.
- This version stows into the hood, and packs up tight and compact, giving you no excuse to leave it at home.
- Hood is water and windproof and is thin enough to fit underneath a helmet.
- Owned by every member of the Skimo Co team.
|Hood||Yes, can stow jacket into hood.|
|Cuffs||Elastic cuff with thumb holes|
||Outer- Nylon, lining - Polyester|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Racing, training, touring|
|Notes||Lightest and most breathable insulation Dynafit jacket|
|Bottom Line||Race weight insulation for fast travel|
Compare to other Men's Touring Jackets
Compare to other Men's Layers
Questions & Reviews
Good to hear that you won’t leave home without it :-). How does the dynafit down jacket fit into this equation? Would you consider this an alternative or do you also always bring a down jacket with you?
Or should it be worn directly on a base layer.
Thanks for your time and effort.
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.