The TLT 3L is a hard shell that is so light, packable, and breathable that you might actually want to use it when moving efficiently. 3L stands for 3-layer, which is a specific subtype of proprietary Dynashell™ fabric. The three layers can be thought of as waterproof, windproof, and breathable. Dynafit accomplishes this with a top secret weave of nylon and spandex. The 3L jacket has 4-way stretch, yet provides impressive weather resistance. It’s also extremely packable so you won’t have to think long about whether to throw it in your pack on those splitter days. This is exactly what hard shells should be. Dynafit is breathing new life into the hard shell concept with the TLT 3L jacket and pant.
- Four-way stretch weave moves with you and not against you.
- Durable Water Repellent (DWR) coating keeps out precipitation.
- Helmet compatible hood offers an extra layer for your brain bucket.
- Jacket can be packed small into the hood, taking up little space.
- Fabric is waterproof tested at 20,000 mm in a water column test.
- Rated to breathe at 20,000 g/m²/24 which let’s just say is high.
- Nylon face fabric offers a windproof layer that prevents chill.
- Finished with water repellent YKK zips and a reflector stripe.
|Fit||Athletic four way stretch fit|
||3 layer Dyna-Shell, 100% polyester lining|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Speed touring, mountaineering|
|Notes||Super lightweight, speed touring|
|Bottom Line||A stretchy and packable touring shell|
|Compare to other Men's Layers|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.