The latest iteration of the iconic TLT boot from Dynafit has new plastic, liners, power straps, and colors. Switching to Pebax from Grilamid stiffens the lower shell and allows for more stretching if you need an advanced boot fit. The new Custom Light (CL) liners are thinner and lighter than the previous TLT6, which is great for moving fast. New Ultra Lock power straps have a pull-adjustment, quickly eliminating any extra space between your shin and cuff before skiing. Afterwards, one pull on the cord releases it for skinning another lap. Finally, the Italian painters switched to a cool black with orange-y highlights. The result is a yet-more-refined version of the boot that set the standard for lightweight performance.
- UltraLock 2.0 system is still one of the fastest and surest ski/walk mode mechanisms.
- Carbon fiber upper cuff provides impressive lateral stiffness with a responsive flex.
- Stiffer Pebax lower shell increases the power transfer from the carbon cuff to the ski.
- 60° of ankle articulation set the bar that others backcountry boots still hope to reach.
- Claw sole is rockered and rugged, designed to let you move safely and freely on rock.
- Driving Spoiler 2.0 is a structural bridge between upper & lower cuffs that keeps out snow.
- Magnesium toothed buckle catches and fine-tunable latches that adapt to your foot shape.
- Booster tongues (67g) are removable so you can customize your uphill and downhill experience.
- Custom Light liner (158g) with flex zones allows for freedom of movement with less weight.
- Patented QuickStep inserts are the gold standard for ease of entry and release.
- Extra insulating layer of felt and aluminum shields your feet from the cold snow below.
- Forward lean is easily adjustable by swapping a metal lean/lock receptor.
- New Ultra Lock power strap (43g) provides precise control with a quick-release.
|Weight (pair)||2426g [27.0]|
|Buckles||2 w/ Ultra-Lock|
|Boot Sole Length||277mm [25/25.5]
|Binding Compatibility||Tech only|
|Forward Lean(s)||15°, 18°|
|Materials||Carbon, Pebax, magnesium|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Notes||New power strap adjustment is fast and easy|
|Bottom Line||The long line of excellence continues|
|Compare to other Touring Boots|
Questions & Reviews
I've been skiing on a pair of TLT 6s - the mountain version without the carbon upper and with the CR liner. Great boot, but I'm after something stiffer without the weight of the Vulcan.
I take a 28.5, and had to have the boot punched for my slightly bigger left foot. I'm hearing that I should drop a size if I go to the TLT6 Performance CL. Would a 27.5 be good given what I've said, and that the boot can be adjusted even more than my last set?
Thanks, and great website!
Dynafit's years of experience and refinement shine brighter than ever here. Best boot I've ever used.
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.