Gearing up for far-out powder hunting missions? Bypassing Roman garrisons by doing a not-so-casual Alps traverse? The Hannibal 106 Carbon has your back. This plus sized beauty was built for powder, but skis like a low-fat when the good stuff up high turns into crud down low. Easy turning with incredible edge hold, the sandwich construction and ABS sidewalls increase durability as well as increase performance in tough conditions. When speeds hit mach-schnell the Carbon Tex technology adds torsional rigidity and significantly dampens the ride on harder snow. Starting with a classic paulownia wood core, the addition of Air Tec Ti technology provides just the right amount of pop while selective milling of the core reduces weight so the uphill is just as easy as the downhill. Because most of us have managed to ski into instead of around a tree at some point, Fischer has added a Titanal plate in the mounting area to keep your bindings where they should be—on the ski. The Hannibal 106's rockered tip allows you to stay afloat when enjoying those hard-earned powder turns, yet the flatter tail and medium turning radius let you open it up when you’re so inclined. In an epic search for the elusive powder ski that handles itself in sub-ideal conditions, the Hannibal 106 Carbon may be the needle in the haystack of high-fat skis.
- Air Tec Ti keeps weight down and reinforces the mounting area.
- Paulownia wood core creates a consistent flex and a lively ride.
- Carbon Tex helps add torsional rigidity and contributes to an extremely damp ride.
- Modern powder shape makes for easy turn initiation while skiing deep snow.
- Svelte weight helps you make lap after sweet lap.
- Integrated skin mounts make transitions a breeze.
- Sandwich construction with ABS sidewalls lends itself to durability and power transfer.
|Lengths (cm)||171, 178, 185|
|Weight (pair)||3080g |
|Turn Radius||22m |
|Skin Fix||Z-hook tip, standard tail|
|Profile||Tip rocker, camber underfoot, flat tail|
|Shape||Round tip, flat tail|
|Construction||Sandwich sidewall, ABS sidewalls, wood core|
|Core||Paulownia, Air Tec Ti|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Finding far out powder stashes|
|Notes||Easy turning modern powder shape|
|Bottom Line||Lightweight powder hunting planks|
|Compare to other High-fat Skis|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.