For a perfect match to Fischer’s line of impressive backcountry skis, use the also-impressive precut skins. The skins are 65% mohair and 35% nylon, hitting that sweet spot in terms of grip vs. glide. Fischer uses a modified version of the K2 clip system to attach pre-trimmed skins to the base of their skis. There are stepped holes in the tips of models such as the Hannibal, making it simple to affix the skins and allowing for weight savings by tapering to a “V” shape near the tip. The Fischer Precut skins are simplest way to the top with Fischer skis.
- Fischer Hook system is a prong that slides into a hole in the tips of the skis.
- K-Clip tail rides on an adjustable elastic strap to offer a secure hold.
- Sticky glue reduces the chance of skin-flop during a long climb.
- Include a bonus anti-ice easy-wipe that is nice to have in spring.
- Comes in matching lengths and Fischer yellow.
- No assembly required.
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.