While we were already impressed with the weight to performance ratio brought to market by the ZED 12, G3 has delivered yet again with the addition of the ZED 9. Gearing the binding towards lighter skiers, G3 put simplicity and ease of use to the forefront of the design process, with well thought out features like a toe lever requiring less force to actuate and all screws using the same Pozidrive #3 bit. To put it bluntly, the simplicity and ease of use are such that even a caveman could use it. You get the picture? Because remounting skis every year is not the best thing since sliced gluten-free bread, the generous 30mm of BSL adjustment will keep up with a few years of growth. Still featuring the same “gapless” style heel of its burlier bigger brother, the ZED 9 has 10mm of forward pressure which helps keep release values consistent in case your luck happens to run out. Since the ZED 9 is most comfortable and composed on aggressive ski descents, G3 kept the same wide mounting pattern in the toe and heel, helping with power transfer and binding retention. They even managed to shave almost 20g off this model as compared to the ZED 12 due mainly to the composite baseplate under the toe piece. For a streamlined binding that provides lighter skiers with an exceptionally high level of performance, the ZED 9 is hard to surpass.
- Carbon fiber reinforced plastic toe piece balances strength, weight, and value.
- Gapless heel with 10mm of forward pressure adds some rebound to your ski flex.
- Boot stops make for an easy time stepping in when your lenses are fogged.
- Toe Wing geometry helps with toe retention and keeps the snow clear.
- All screws adjusted with #3 Pozidrive head for easy maintenance.
- Heel turret can be turned either direction to prevent breakage from human error.
- Single screw adjusts vertical and lateral release value ranging from 3-9.
- Optional brakes can be added separately or you can run leashes.
- Quick Flick heel lifts are easy to manipulate with your ski pole.
- Compatible with ION Ski Crampons.
|Brakes||Optional 85mm, 100mm, 115mm, or 130mm|
|Riser Heights||2 + flat|
|Materials||Carbon composite, aluminum|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Notes||Gapless heel for release consistency|
|Bottom Line||Bomber binding for lighter skiers|
|Compare to other Lean Bindings|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.