When the moment arrives, and your little ripper wants to follow you into the backcountry, they will need the right equipment starting with the right skis. A fantastic and affordable option is the Boost JR ski from Hagan. In creating a kid's ski, Hagan has downsized ski length, but has not downsized ski construction. Featuring a reinforced mounting area, capped construction, sintered base, full twin tip profile, and skin notch in the tail, these skis are built to handle whatever your youngin' can throw at them. When designing this ski, Hagan chose to implement their, "tour rocker," allowing for flotation in deeper snow while still maximizing edge hold on the firmer days. The reinforced mounting plate helps with durability and power transfer, while the twin tip makes turn initiation a breeze. A ski that is light enough for a morning ski mission followed by an afternoon of hot chocolate and riding chair lifts is ultimately what you have been searching for. Every little kid wants to be a big skier so give them the equipment that can make it possible with the Hagan Boost JR ski.
- Tour Rocker allows for floatation in the deep stuff and grip on the hard stuff.
- Twin Tip makes for easier turn initiation.
- Reinforced mounting plate keeps the binding where it should be, on the ski.
- Sintered base allows skis to slide smoothly.
- Wood composite core creates a lively ski feel.
- Capped construction leads to minimal weight so they can get that extra lap.
- Tail Lock secures the skin tail clip in the appropriate position.
- Precut skins to fit each ski length are available separately.
|Lengths (cm)||125, 135, 145|
|Weight (pair)||1858g |
|Turn Radius||10.3m |
|Skin Fix||Round tip with "tail lock" tail|
|Profile||Tip rocker, underfoot camber, twin tip tail|
|Shape||Twin Tip with camber underfoot|
|Construction||Wood composite core with fiberglass reinforced mounting plate|
|Core||Wood composite core|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Notes||Colorful top sheet, perfect for younger skiers.|
|Bottom Line||Quality and affordable option for junior skiers|
|Compare to other Kid's Skis|
Questions & Reviews
I own a pair of Ride Junior skis and was wondering if the Boost pre-cut skins would fit them. It looks like there are also pre-cute Ride Junior skins, but they're sold-out and don't seem to have a clear timeline of being back in stock whereas the Boost look like they'll be in stock around October.
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.