If you thought getting snow pants on your kid was tough, try buying them a full touring kit! Don't worry, we've got you covered like a one-piece snowsuit. Dynafit has taken the next step (or stride) towards making the buying process of ski packages as simple as possible. Skis, premounted bindings, and skins all in one place and ready to go for your miniature mountaineer. If it's time to upgrade from the Contour Kids Touring Set to their first tech setup, there is no easier, or more economical way to go. The Seven Summits Youngstar skis have a full sidewall construction with a Poplar wood core, not like a typical kid's alpine ski that is often made with a foam injected cap construction. The Rotation 7 is a durable, safe, and simple binding that goes down to a 2.5 release value to help accommodate the size of any up-and-coming ripper. Each length from 120cm-160cm has its own sidecut and rocker design so each length has consistent characteristics. The Dynafit Seven Summits Youngstar ski set will work for a 5, 15, or even a 50-year-old of smaller stature, someone that we just consider to be a kid at heart.
Seven Summits Youngstar Ski
- 5 Lengths to cover a wide range of ages and skier sizes.
- Full sidewall wood construction skis for high quality skiability.
- Single radius shaping gives each ski length the same characteristics.
Seven Summits+ Skin
- Pre-cut to match skis out of the box.
- Mixed plush (70% mohair, 30% nylon) maximizes glide and durability.
- Speedskin system utilizes a rubber tip and metal tail hook for ease of use.
Rotation 7 Binding
- Release value as low as 2.5 allows for lighter skiers to safely enjoy the backcountry.
- Two riser heights plus flat mode increase efficiency on the climb.
- Adjustable binding accommodates a range of boot sizes.
|Lengths (cm)||120, 130, 140, 150, 160|
|Weight (pair)||3286g 
|Turn Radius||11.5m 
|Skin Fix||Round tip, flat tail|
|Profile||Easy to turn, single radius with tip and tail rocker|
|Construction||Ash/poplar core with full sidewall|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Getting young ones out in the backcountry, or on-piste touring|
|Notes||Comes premounted with Rotation 7 bindings and includes precut skins.|
|Bottom Line||Finally a simple, ready to ski AT package; just add boots.|
|Compare to other Kid's Skis|
Questions & Reviews
If so, what is the weight for the ski itself (or ski and binding, as the binding weight is well known)
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.