The best of both! La Sportiva combined the lightness and stiffness of the Hi-Cube cuff with the easy-fitting, comfortable Sytron lower. This makes the Raceborg an excellent race boot that walks and skis like a dream. Since the lower shell is Grilamid, it can be punched and stretched to help with problem areas on the foot, unlike the Stratos. Unlike the Sytron, it doesn’t have a full liner to impede the flex of your ankle when taking a big stride. It uses a bikini liner, meaning a bootie in the lower shell and some disconnected padding around the shin. If you’ve always bent a liner when walking, you’ll be amazed at the difference in mobility. La Sportiva added the Pro version of their CavoBike Lever for quick, one-motion transitions into downhill mode. The carbon cuff will transmit all your effort directly to the ski for great skinning and skiing on edge. With the La Sportiva Raceborg, you’ll be half-human and half-racing-machine.
- CavorBike Lever Pro™ allows for one motion transitions under most pant cuffs.
- Spider cables over the top of the lower shell cradles the boot around your feet.
- Cord loop closure over the cuff can be quickly rerouted to change the closing tension.
- Carbon fiber cuff is light and stiff, transmitting energy efficiently.
- Four forward lean positions let you choose your attack angle.
- Raceborg Bikini boot liner is two-piece for maximum agility.
- Toe and heel welts work with most automatic crampon systems.
- Medium last fits a good number of forefeet comfortably.
- Race Grip™ sole offers good traction and durability.
|Weight (pair)||1526g [27.0]
||14°, 16°, 18°, 20°|
||Carbon cuff, Grilamid lower|
||La Sportiva Race Grip™|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Racing, long-distance touring|
|Notes||Special toe inserts can step into Trab Titan bindings.|
|Bottom Line||High performance, comfortable race boot.|
|Compare to other Race Boots|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.