The Alp Tracks 85 Women is that high-performance tool to get you farther and higher than ever. Movement has continued to hone their mid-80s underfoot line and with each iteration they get closer to the perfect tool for big ski objectives. All of the Alp Tracks skis are handmade in limited numbers with a carbon/karuba core to give the lightest and highest performing ski possible. The Alp Tracks 85 W uses an ABS sidewall to give confident edge hold in steep icy conditions. A natural rubber and fiberglass layer in the tip of the ski reduces vibrations when things get fast. In comparison to the men’s 85, Movement held nothing back but the color green.
- Ultralight Karuba wood core is selected from sustainably managed sources certified by FSC & PEFC.
- Underfoot ASA (ABS Shock Absorber) creates a smoother and more controlled ride.
- Movement’s toughest sintered P-Tex 5000 bases are extra durable.
- DPR-Ti (Double Plate Reinforcement) ensures a strong mounting anchor.
- VA-Tech rubber + fiberglass layer absorbs vibration in the tip of the ski.
- Race-Edge design puts more metal in critical areas and drops weight elsewhere.
- 5-Axis Carbon weave layup has extra unidirectional sheets on the top and bottom of the ski to provide torsional rigidity and strength without compromising on weight.
Update 2019/20: Movement relabeled the 153 as 154, but it did not change.
Update 2020/21: New high-tech carbon matrix layout for even better performance. This new layout offers a lighter weight while improving the torsional stiffness of the Alp Tracks lineup, improving their skiability in almost any condition. Weight ticked up an ounce or two.
|Lengths (cm)||153, 161, 169|
|Weight (pair)||1850g 
||Basic tip loop and tail clip|
||Light rocker tip, camber underfoot, flat tail|
||Round tip, tapered tail|
||Carbon wrap and ABS sidewall|
||Ultra Light Karuba Wood|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Ski mountaineering, classic touring|
|Notes||Tough p-tex 5000 bases|
|Bottom Line||High performance mountaineering ski|
|Compare to other Women's Skis|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.