The Alp Tracks 85 is Movement's specialty tool for the ever-changing game of ski-mountaineering. The ski is designed for those longer, steeper, and faster missions. Every Alp Tracks ski is handmade using an advanced carbon/karuba layup to keep the weight low while optimizing ski performance and control. The core construction combined with an ABS sidewall and Movement’s Race-Edge gives that extra bit of confidence for the next steep line. But be warned: even though Alp Tracks 85 is a spring dream, you may find yourself forgetting that you own other skis as the 85 is equally entertaining for early season scouting and midwinter dawn patrols.
- ASA (ABS Shock Absorber) is situated underfoot to create a smoother and more controlled ride.
- 5-Axis Carbon weave layup with an extra 100% carbon unidirectional carbon layup on the top and bottom of the ski provide torsional rigidity and strength without compromising on weight.
- VA-Tech rubber + fiberglass layer absorbs vibration in the tip of the ski.
- Ultralight Karuba wood core is selected from sustainably managed sources certified by FSC & PEFC.
- Sintered P-Tex 5000 bases are Movement's strongest and most durable for extra longevity.
- Movement's DPR-Ti (Double Plate Reinforcement) provide a solid binding anchor.
- Race-Edge design puts more edge where it is needed and drops weight where it isn't.
Update 2020/21: Movement is using a new exclusive carbon layup for even better performance.
|Lengths (cm)||161, 169, 177|
|Weight (pair)||1920g 
|Turn Radius||16m 
|Skin Fix||Basic tip loop, tail clip|
|Profile||Light rocker tip, camber under foot, flat tail|
|Shape||Round shovel, tapered tail|
|Construction||Carbon wrap with ABS sidewalls|
|Core||Ultra Light Karuba Selection|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Ski mountaineering, classic touring|
|Notes||Bonus shock-absorbing layer|
|Bottom Line||Lightweight, high-performing ski-mountaineering tool.|
|Compare to other Low-fat Skis|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.