A "rad" little package! The Petzl RAD (Rescue And Descent) System is designed as a quick deploying kit for skiers traveling in steep terrain or on glaciers where they may need to rope up, rappel, or perform a partner rescue from a crevasse. The kit is comprised of 30 meters of specially designed 6mm cordage, a Tibloc ascender, Micro Traxion pulley/ascender, 3 Attache carabiners, a 120cm sling, and compact storage bag. You can attach the whole thing using sewn loops to a harness or pack. The kit also can disappear into your pack with a small foot print and relatively light weight, especially when compared to the competing components and heavier rope. The RAD system has everything you need to quickly set up a haul to extract your partner from the gaping jaws of an icy crevasse or rappel over the exposed lip of the cliff in your line. It would probably also work well as a clothes line on hut trips.
- 30m RAD LINE is 6mm, just enough for raps and glacier rescue(22g/m).
- Tibloc ascender included for ascending the rope for self-rescue.
- Includes three premium Petzl carabiners and a 120cm sling.
- Micro Traxion pully for setting up a rescue hauling system.
- Contained in a nylon storage bag with drawstring closure.
- CE EN 564 certified cord.
|Materials||polyester, aluminum, Dyneema, stainless steel, nylon (bag)|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Glacier travel, crevasse rescue, rappeling, roped skiing|
|Notes||A lightweight package that covers your needs.|
|Bottom Line||Bag o' fun!|
Questions & Reviews
All in all a solid kit, but the price is outrageous.
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.