Using what they call "wireframe technology," Petzl has created a feature-rich but impossibly light harness for high-altitude climbing and ski mountaineering. The Altitude is light enough for racing but robust and feature-packed for all your ski mountaineering needs. The harness is very slim and packable yet doesn’t bite into you while hanging. The Petzl Altitude is the new standard for day-to-day skimo.
- Harness is about the size of a small canned energy drink when packed in its bag.
- Designed to allow donning and removal without taking off skis/crampons.
- Buckles are durable and can be operated with gloves on.
- Two gear loops are easy to access with a backpack.
- Siliconized ice-screw keeper on each leg loop keeps the pointy things outside your skin.
Update 2019/20: A new gear loop design makes for one large horizontal loop on each side instead of the previous 2 small vertical loops per side. New leg loop buckle mechansim is slightly larger for easier gloved operation. Black accents give a nice Halloween theme; it's spooky safe!
|Waist Belt||64-86 cm / 25-34 in.||74-96 cm / 29-38 in.||84-108 cm / 33-42 in.|
|Leg Loops||55-67 cm / 21-26 in.||60-73 cm / 23-29 in.||66-79 cm / 26-31 in.|
||Nylon monofilament, polyester, high-modulus polyethylene, aluminum|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Ski mountaineering, alpinism, general mountaineering|
|Notes||Killian wears it.|
|Bottom Line||Can do it all.|
|Compare to other Harnesses|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.