Finally, after years of waiting, the mystical Mistico.2 has arrived. Compared to the 1st generation, the Mistico.2 sports a revised geometry, designed to provide better flotation in soft snow and easier turn initiation. The 14-layer Italian construction is made with careful attention to detail, providing the on-snow performance properties of the iconic cars that share its homeland, leaving you gasping with exhilaration after every run. This 14-layer construction also provides exceptional durability, helping keep your skis intact for many seasons of fun. Like a loving yet stern Italian grandmother, a layer of 3k carbon is wrapped around the core of the ski, allowing the Mistico.2 to keep the robust torsional rigidity its predecessor was known for while flexing longitudinally just enough to be compliant in other snow types. As Ski Trab themselves attest, the Mistico.2 provides the best combination of uphill and downhill performance. While we didn't think anything could top the original Mistico, we are pleased to report the Mistico.2 has found a way.
- Honeycomb Aramid core delivers performance, lightness, and durability.
- Revised geometry provides better handling across a wide array of snow types than its predecessor.
- High Modular Carbon Cage surrounds the core to provide torsional stiffness without being overly harsh.
- High-end base material and HRC 52 steel edges provide durability and precision.
- Attivo.2 tip and tail skin attachment points allow you to rip the precut skins from the tip, similar to a race ski.
- Ski Trab backs up its product with an excellent, 3-year warranty.
- Made in Bormio with exquisite attention to detail.
|Lengths (cm)||157, 164, 171, 178|
|Weight (pair)||2040g 
||Attivo.2 tip & tail|
|Specs Verified||171 & 178 only|
||Tip rocker, camber underfoot, slight tail rocker|
||Aramid honeycomb Aero|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Notes||3 year warranty|
|Bottom Line||The best combination of uphill to downhill performance in the Ski Trab line|
|Compare to other Mid-fat Skis|
Questions & Reviews
I am wondering what the technical/construction differences are between the Ski Trab Ortles 90 and this ski, both in the 171 cm length? How does that correspond to performance and/or ideal use?
You folks are the best, I appreciate any help y'all can provide,
Please feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for more details!
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.