Some days, snow conditions are all over the place with no way of knowing what you'll find. The slightest change in aspect, elevation, or weather can cause you to end up nervously staring down an icy couloir with girthy powder skis. Or perhaps a neck deep powder run with the skinniest of skis. Neither are ideal. Rest assured that won’t happen to you on the Dynastar M-Vertical 88s. These capable sticks gleefully charge through all conditions, despite barely registering on a scale. In fact, we applaud the folks at Dynastar for somehow creating an even damper and quieter version of its predecessor, the Dynastar Vertical F-Team. A lightweight hybrid paulownia/polyurethane core softens cruddy chop while a full sidewall maximizes edge hold. That way you can descend with confidence, no matter what the snow Gods have bestowed upon your line. It could be said that the Dynastar M-Vertical 88 is the do-it-all quiver killer for aggressive skiers.
- Hybrid Paulownia / Polyurethane core is a light-n-damp platform to handle crud and speed.
- Core wrapped with Basalt fiber for torsional rigidity and durability.
- Moderate rocker balances contact length and ease of turning and surfing for a smooth ride through a variety of conditions.
- Full sidewall maximizes edge hold when you want it most.
- Notched tip allows for a race-style bungee skin system that leads to faster transitions.
- Laser sintered bases are fast and can take some abuse should you find a few "sharks" out there.
|Lengths (cm)||156, 164, 172, 180|
|Weight (pair)||2070g 
||Tip notch, reverse curved tails|
|Specs Verified||172 only|
||Moderate rocker, camber underfoot|
||Medium radius integrated with the rocker|
||Sandwich with fiber torsion box|
||Paulownia / PU|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Long distance touring, mountaineering|
|Notes||Basalt fibers are 25% lighter than glass|
|Bottom Line||Vivian approved|
|Compare to other Mid-fat Skis|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.