Chamonix is home to some of the best steep skiing in the world. But if you're ZAG, it’s also home to arguably the best ski R&D facility in the world. It’s no wonder then, how they managed to make the Adret 78, a ski that our shop manager and former Skimo Masters National Champion showers with praise as, “one of the best skis in this class that he’s ever been on.” Stable and precise, the Adret 78 punches well above its weight class, no doubt aided by the Visco-elastic inserts which help to smooth the ride in firm snow. High-Resistance carbon fiber keeps the weight in check while adding torsional stiffness, making the ski light enough for large alpine traverses while providing reliable edge hold when you need it most. Recognizing the current environmental crisis we're undergoing, ZAG is doing what it can to lessen its impact. As such, the Adret series features edges made with recycled metal, FSC-certified wood cores, and resin that is 33% bio-sourced. Light, stable, and precise, the Adret 78 remains composed when you are pushing it outside of your comfort zone.
- Carbon fiber and multiaxial fiberglass add a high level of torsional stiffness, helping provide edge hold in firm conditions.
- Adaptive Absorber is a visco-elastic insert that provides a good dampness-to-weight ratio.
- Phenol-reinforced mounting plate helps keep the binding on the ski.
- Strong camber is very responsive across varied snow conditions.
- Long turn radius supplies confidence to execute jump turns in committing terrain.
- Super quick edge-to-edge making it a riot to ski.
- Recycled Edges. bio-based resin, and FSC-certified wood core lessens the impact of ski production on our wonderful winters.
|Lengths (cm)||165, 170,176|
|Weight (pair)||1940g 
||Tip notch, flat tail|
||Progressive tip, strong camber, flat tail|
||Tapered shovel, long radius, square tail|
||Extra Light construction with carbon and fiberglass|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||High traverses, steeps, railing groomers|
|Notes||Exceptionally stable on edge|
|Bottom Line||Simply joyful|
|Compare to other Low-fat Skis|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.