Found in a product description deep inside the 19/20 Ski Trab product catalog is a line of text that quietly affirms their commitment to their craft-- "Well begun is half done". With its origin going back to a time long before Aristotle lived, this idiom is a simple yet powerful commentary on how committed a good craftsman will be to every detail of their work from start to finish. Ski Trab consistently makes innovative, high quality skis that are some of the best performing and most durable light-weight skis on the market. The Maestro.2 has a slightly-updated version of Trab's classic 14-layer construction, with changes aimed at improving the flex and turn shape. Trab altered the flex of the Maestro.2 so that the back half of each turn is extended slightly longer, allowing for more powerful skiing and bigger turns. The tips were upturned and widened for improved float and turn initiation. The beloved stability, versatility, and performance of the original Maestro has been preserved and even enhanced; it remains as light as a feather for those long skin tracks and steep booters. When applied to backcountry skiing, the idiom "well begun is half done" promises that if you enter the backcountry fit, knowledgeable, and with the best equipment (the Ski Trab Maestro.2), your journey is sure to be a good one.
- Control Flex is Trab’s way of stiffening the ski without making it chattery and rigid, allowing for 10% flex under the foot and 20-30% flex in the tips and tails.
- Burly Attivo layers run lengthwise along the ski and absorb vibrations and prevent ski chatter, and also protect the core from external damage.
- Stability is ensured with NoShock, a layer of elastomer that sits between the edge and core material to absorb vibrations.
- Hiconnect layers stiffen the ski and add torsional rigidity, making edging easier and high-speed skiing more stable.
- Honeycomb Aramid core is light, stiff, and sheathed in other durable wood and synthetic layers.
- High base material and HRC 52 steel edges are burly, just like the mountains you play in.
- Tip and tail skin attachment points accommodate whatever skins you prefer.
- Three year warranty offered by Ski Trab.
- Made in Bormio, Italy.
|Lengths (cm)||157, 164, 171, 178|
|Weight (pair)||1760g 
|Turn Radius||20.06m 
|Skin Fix||Attivo Clips|
|Profile||Early rise tip, camber, flat tail|
|Shape||New Attivo shape, contact points are moved further out for a longer turn radius|
|Construction||14-layer Attivo process w/ HiBox carbon cage|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Notes||Italian Aerospace tech|
|Bottom Line||Perfect balance of lightweight and performance|
|Compare to other Low-fat Skis|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.