Were you the runt of the family? You may have been the lightest, but you were probably the quickest too. Blue Ice's Harfang Tour is just the same - the lightest option in the Harfang family that will allow you to go that much faster as you carry less in your pack, or on your feet. The all-aluminum construction when paired with the slick Harfang design shaves weight that other crampons just can't contemplate. The secondary spikes can be removed for ultimate weight savings and packability. The real coup-des-gras of this slick setup is the UHMWPE and HTPE 40mm center strap. This show stealing part is durable and unlike your gear budget won't stretch on you. And now here come the rest of the options! If you have a touring boot that lacks a toe welt you are in luck, these crampons come with a toe basket. If you're out in Snowman making snow the optional ABS plates can be a welcomed addition to keep you light and breezy. If you put a premium on saving weight, but don't want to skimp on performance then the truly magnificent Blue Ice Harfang crampons are an easy choice.
- All aluminum construction shaves grams everywhere possible.
- UHMWPE and HTPE 40mm center strap is the glue that holds these crampons together.
- Removable and adjustable secondary spikes give you the lightest weight, or best grip under your boot.
- Included toe basket gives you the option to use with boots that lack a toe welt.
- Good looks that belong in a museum next to a Degas piece.
- Auto toe bails are replaceable with Semi-auto bails.
||184g [w/ ABS]
162g [w/o ABS]
|Weight (pair)||368g [w/ ABS]
324g [w/o ABS]
|Points||10 (or 8 if you remove the middle bar)|
||UHMWPE and HTPE 40mm main strap, Aluminum|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Ski mountaineering, mountaineering, glacier travel|
|Notes||Modular design for different objectives|
|Bottom Line||Highly packable and ultralight crampons|
|Compare to other Crampons|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.