The Hybrid glue system from Contour solves the stickiest skin problem. That is designing a glue strong enough to adhere to the backing but not so strong that you can’t separate a skin from itself. Contour achieved this goal by using multiple layers of glue. An especially sticky formula rests against the skin which is covered in another layer of less tacky glue that keeps the interface manageable. The resulting Hybrid glue system is easy to use and reliable. It’s also easy to maintain, since you can simply wash the skin with detergent to refresh the stickiness. Attached to the fancy adhesives is a mix of fibers that also blends multiple goals: grip, glide, and durability. This is achieved with Contour’s signature mohair woven with some rugged nylon. The Hybrid Mix skins offer the benefits of newer glue formulas with the reliability of traditional fare.
- Hybrid glue technology offers good adhesion even in low temperatures.
- Glue is easy to pull apart and can be washed to refresh the tack.
- 70% mohair / 30% nylon blend is a good all-around fiber formula.
- Attached adjustable tail clips fit securely on just about any ski out there.
- A wire bail tip attachment keeps things simple and reliable.
- Two included cleaning wipes help refresh the adhesive side.
- Also includes a carry bag and a trimmer for customizing the side cut.
|Skin Size||Included Tip Bracket(s)|
Additional brackets available, listed as Vario Buckles.
|Weight (per skin, with plastic)||312g [115mm x 169-176]|
Questions & Reviews
I have Alpina Discovery 102 Skis, they are 158cm back/cross-country skis.
Do you think these skins are a good match? If so, should I get the XS or S?
Thank you very much!!
The correct size for your skis would be the Small size (153-160cm) in the 115mm skin, which we are out of at the moment, but expecting more soon! I would check out the Pomoca Pro S-Glides (155-170cm length in the 100mm width), or the G3 Minimist (150-166cm 100mm width). Given the dimensions of your skis the 100mm width skins will be a better fit out of the box before trimming. Happy trails!
Patrick // Skimo Co
Would 169-176 be long enough for 178 long DPS 112 Tour skis (you are out of the one up longer size)?
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.