Using the same multi-layer glue found in the Hybrid Mix skins, the Pure version offers the premium glide of 100% mohair. Contour is an Austrian company known as the mohair experts, so these are built with some of the finest fibers and weave in the industry. Now attached to your skis with the reliable-yet-manageable Hybrid glue formula, the skins will be hard to beat. The kits are available in several lengths* and come with square tip brackets and simple adjustable tail clips installed. The Contour Hybrid Mohair skins could be the new standard in backcountry travel.
- Hybrid technology offers the adhesion of glue with the manageability of silicon.
- 100% pure mohair formula is optimized for speed, but still can grip the snow.
- Multi-layer glue is easy to pull apart and can be washed to refresh the tack.
- Vario front clips ship with square brackets but can adapt to other fixing systems.
- Simple adjustable tail clips are reliable and fit on skis with flat or round tails.
- Mesh skin savers are included to help preserve the glue for long-term storage.
- Included in the box are a handy carry bag and an offset trimmer for setting your edges.
* Please note the kits labelled Universal (without a length range) come without the tips attached so you can cut them to any length.
Update 2020/21: In addition to now offering a full-size run in a wider 135mm option, Contour designed a new tip and tail attachment for an even sleeker look. Skin backing is cut lengthways so it is only needed to remove the central strip of the backing foil just when trimming. Leaving the backing foil in place over the edges makes it smoother and neater to trim them with the offset hybrid cutter. The metal ski edges stay clear and repositioning the skin is no longer necessary. Then all that’s left to do is remove the two outer strips of backing foil and you’re done.
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.