When you’re engaged in a European ski mountaineering race, it’s much more encouraging to hear cries of “Allez, allez, allez!” than “Oh, la la la!” To cultivate a more uplifting ratio of these phrases, the Dynafit DNA crampons will be your trusty ami(e). Tailored specifically for ski racing, these full-aluminum, ten-pointed spikey bits are ideal on packed, wind-affected, or refrozen snow. To keep things simple in the field, Dynafit has employed a straightforward adjustment system in which the center cables can be threaded through different hole positions along the rear rails, no tools required. When you’re ready to stash the crampons until the next ascent, the flexible, stainless steel cables can also be folded in half to approximately the size (and spikiness) of an adolescent hedgehog. Skimo racers are often stereotyped as fussy weight weenies who will go to any lengths to get an edge on the uphill and we’re not one to argue. We're also glad that Dynafit has done nothing to dispel this stereotype with the boundary-pushing performance of the DNA crampons.
- Built from lightweight, streamlined aluminum for those whose targeted ads might include carbon race boots and fixed-mount bindings.
- Tool-free adjustment makes a neat party trick.
- Automatic toe bails provide peace of mind on your next spicy ridgeline scramble.
- Anti-balling plates and toe baskets are available as optional accessories.
- Comes with a protective hard case for easy stowage.
- Adjustable for boot sole lengths between 260-333 mm.
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Skimo racing, high-output touring|
|Notes||Meets EN 893 and UIAA 153 certifications|
|Bottom Line||Sleek race crampons that won't slow you down|
|Compare to other Crampons|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.