Whether you're racing, training, missioning, or just hanging out, the Mezzalama Alpha 2 pant from Dynafit is here to save your bacon when the temps drop lower than the forecast promised. Updated to be stretchier, warmer, lighter, and more breathable than the older Mezzalama pant, the Mezzalama Alpha 2 has the same targeted insulation and weather-proof outer that made the original model a favorite, while finely tweaking the fit and articulation to better suit your stretchy-pants needs. Full-side zips allow for easy donning and doffing under any stressful or high consequence circumstances, both on and off the mountain. When the winds whip and the lycra just isn't enough to keep the thunder thighs quite warm enough, the Mezzalama Alpha 2 has you covered.
- Reflective graphics do their part to keep you on your two feet, rather than laid out on the side of the road or ski run following an encounter with a car or snowcat.
- Abrasion resistant material covers the whole pant, providing durable warmth for those type-three early morning gully scrambles on your way to the goods.
- The Mezzalama Alpha 2 pant packs highly effective wind and water resistance that is typically reserved for much heavier, less breathable ski pants or bibs.
- Adjustable waistband is routed inside the hip of the pant, minimizing discomfort when harnesses and pack hip straps overlap.
- With Hybrid Construction, the entire pant stretches smoothly and evenly through insulated and non-insulated areas.
- Super lightweight Polartec Alpha insulation breathes and insulates remarkably well, perfect for active use.
|Ventilation||Full side zip|
|Fit||Cut to fit over your race kit|
||Nylon, outer with stretch inserts|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||For cold training & touring days, warm up on race days|
|Notes||Full zip to cover up on the fly|
|Bottom Line||Necessity for your kit|
|Compare to other Men's Overpants/Shorts|
Questions & Reviews
Other than that obvious miss, this is a great pant. Surprisingly warm for how thin they are and comfortable. Normally, I am a 50/L from Dynafit but the 52/XL is a good fit for an overpant over shorts or light pants. A 50/L probably would have worked but I don't need the race fit and the 52s are surprisingly not baggy on me. For reference, I am 32/32/medium in US pant sizes. (6'0", 160lbs)
Plus we’ve gotten them through the Grand Traverse gear check, which is huge because they are so light compared to the old standards.
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.