The Mezzalama Pant from Dynafit is a zip-on insulation layer designed for its namesake high-altitude race. Known as the white marathon, the Mezzalama is a long, arduous, often-cold affair. In such races and/or places, it’s nice to have a pant you can whip on without taking off your skis. The pants are made with rip-stop nylon that is strategically (and lightly) filled with Polartec Alpha insulation. This gives you breathable weather protection and warmth when you’re running out of gas.
- Full side-zips let you put the pants on or take them off without removing skis.
- 60g of Polartec Alpha provides valuable insulation in remote places.
- Wind-resistant rip-stop nylon is treated with DWR for water repellency.
- Pre-shaped knees and a ventilation gusset signal activewear (vs checklist-wear).
- The pants are a Bluesign® approved garment, meaning they are planet-friendly.
- Don’t forget the jacket.
Update 2019/20: These have been replaced by the Mezzalama Alpha 2.
|Pockets||1 thigh stow|
|Cuffs||Elastic w/ side zips|
||Ripstop nylon, Polartec Alpha insulation|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Long, cold racing. Mountaineering|
|Notes||Full side zips so you can don with skis on|
|Bottom Line||Awesome backup insulation|
|Compare to other Men's Overpants/Shorts|
Questions & Reviews
Will most often use the pant over a pair of PDG or Pierra Menta pants or race suit. Have any thoughts about how either pant would fit and function to help me choose?
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.